Salon website and marketing checklist
The 1st step for any new Salon Guru client is a review of their current salon website and Internet marketing campaign.
We have an extensive check-list of the elements required to create a high-performance salon website allowing us to carry out a detailed audit.
Feel free to use this checklist to see how your salon website compares against the best. This is not a complete list but will show the level of analysis required and the reasons why each factor is important.
How visible is your salon’s website?
- Search engine ranks – for all important hair & beauty keywords & phrases
- Use of Facebook and other Social Media – reaching new clients
- Use of Google Adwords – to get your salon to number 1 on Google quickly
- Facebook adverts for your salon – getting your “message” to new and existing clients
- Comparison against other local hair & beauty salon websites
An effective salon Internet marketing plan?
- A plan to constantly improve the salon’s website content
- A calendar of key events, promotions and seasonal offers
- An ever-changing set of great salon marketing messages
Tools to measure your salon’s website performance and increase traffic
- Visitor statistics – so we know how many, from where, reading what page
- Sign-up forms – to capture client information
- Use of back-links – improves SEO and brings new visitors
- Analysis of keywords, headings and tags – vital for great salon search rankings
Tools that improve salon turnover and bring new clients
- Vouchers and other calls to action – to get immediate financial rewards
- On page salon adverts – to sell your services, promote offers and engage visitors
- Use of a hair & beauty blog – for up-to-date content and good SEO
- VIP and membership pages – do you encourage client loyalty?
Salon website technology
- Hosting location – important for SEO
- Dynamic content and caching – SEO & speed
- Shared or dedicated servers – speed & security
- Cross-browser compatibility – can all your visitors read all the content?
- All code is compliant – no errors or broken links
- Visible at all screen resolutions
- Load speeds – visitors want quick results
- Are all pages and categories well presented and easy to navigate