Client salon reviews play a key role in successful online marketing if executed correctly.
Word of mouth recommendations are a necessary and effective way of building brand awareness and increasing new client footfall – in this digital era we are fortunate that online word of mouth can shout so much louder. One review from one client can reach 100’s of potential clients if the review is managed cleverly.
You need to encourage every client to review your salon – either on your website or on social media!
If you would like to monitor reviews before they are published your should encourage website reviews. We all love good reviews but if ever there is an occasion that a poor review is uploaded to Facebook, there is no way of you removing it. You are at the hands of an disgruntled client.
Simple tricks to encourage client reviews : –
– display a polite message framed by your reception area. Thank clients for their loyalty and tell them how grateful you are when they leave reviews either on your website or on social media. Keep the message stylish, simple & upbeat.
– could you offer loyalty points or product samples/trial sizes/treatments in return for reviews and new client recommendations? Speak with your suppliers & work out a tailored and tempting reward system. Promote details of this at styling stations in the salon, around the waiting area and also on social media and your website.
SHOWCASE YOUR REVIEWS
– when you receive a positive review post it across your social media platforms, thanking the client who took the time to review you. When other clients see how much a review mean to you, it will trigger thoughts that they should also take the time to write.
* NEVER LOOK DESPERATE OR MAKE CLIENTS FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE BY DIRECTLY ASKING THEM TO REVIEW THEIR SALON EXPERIENCE.
Simple tricks to maximise the potential of client reviews : –
SALON WEBSITE REVIEWS
– it widely accepted that the majority of people now spend considerable time online researching a product or service before they make a purchase. Client testimonials on your website are an expected research tool for prospective clients. If reviews are left on your website then you should upload the link to your Facebook & Twitter accounts to make sure they reach your full audience. For Instagram you can upload a screenshot!
SOCIAL MEDIA REVIEWS
– a Facebook review initially has a much wider audience reach but don’t forget to copy it to your Twitter feed, screen grab it for Instagram & paste it into your website review page.
ALL SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS SHOULD INCLUDE A HASHTAG FOR YOUR LOCATION ie. #NOTTINGHAM