Google My Business – The Map Pack
When you search on Google you will see a map and 3 company listings above the organic search results.
Click the image to the right to see an example for the search "best salon glasgow" that shows our client Westend Hair second in the organic results but not visible on the map.
The listings on the map are from your Google My Business Listing (also called the Map Pack)- more info here. As this map and the companies listed appear above the search results it is a vital way to bring new clients, but your position in the listings and map is NOT affected by anything on your website.
Our new service manages and optimizes your Google Business Listing to improve its position. This is an ongoing plan that requires us to take action every month and will include adding new images, content, managing reviews and updates to your listing.
We will send you regular updates of the action we have taken and the change in your position.
If you want to see your position on the map try some searches for salon or service phrases like salon xx, hair salon xx, best salon xx, hairdresser xxx, hair colour xx, hair extensions xx. Replace xx with your location.
How we will offer the Salon Google Business Listing service
There are 2 steps in the service...
1. An initial review (requiring 4 hours per location) will asses the health of your listing. You can use the report we send to you to make the changes yourself, or ask us to do it for you.
- where you rank for an agreed set of phrases
- how you compare to competitors
- checking all the data on your listing (name, address, phone, hours, weblinks, categories, services)
- identifying areas to update/fix and improve
- add tracking code so traffic (and improvements) from listings can be seen in Analytics
2. Optionally, an ongoing monthly plan of updates and additions is planned (minimum of 2 hours). Using an agreed budget we then do this for you every month and send you updates on the changes and the improvements in your listing positions. This will include -
- adding images with keywords and geo-locations
- responding to reviews
- adding google posts
- adding offers
- responding to questions
Optimising your salon's Google Listing will take time every month over the coming year. You have 3 options and should be discussed with the Salon Guru team.
- We provide no Google Business Listing optimisation.
- We use some of your current budget hours each month reducing the time available for the work we provide on your websites and emails.
- Agree a separate budget each month for listing updates.
Please chat to us about which option will suit you best.