Facebook for Salons 3 – writing profitable messages
This the 3rd guide in a series of 4 – Facebook pages for Hair & Beauty Salons - how to write profitable messages for your Salon’s Facebook posts
You have created your salon page and started building your fan-base, so now it is time to work on the content of your wall.
You can also
We use both on so it looks like 2 voices are contributing.
Whereas your personal voice could be witty, irreverent, sexy or chatty - whatever suits you best.
Get staff involved and they can add an extra dimension to the conversation.
First get them to like your salon page whilst on their personal account and then you can add them using Edit Page, Manage Admins. They can now post as themselves, or as in item 1 switch to being the salon voice.
- News of salon events and people – birthdays, awards, press stories, charity events
- Gossip – who’s hair/clothes did you like/hate at the Oscars
- Questions – what’s your favourite film this month?
- Sell – rave about a new product or service
- Boast – your busiest day ever, a wonderful set of nails (picture), an award
- Inform – opening times, late nights
- Sell – a great product you use and recommend
- A poll – which is best .... could be a type of nail or ....
- Do blondes have more fun?
- Sell - special events – Mothers Day, Valentines
And more rules for posting....
- Keep the messages short and snappy
- Use a good intro line that catches the eye
- Use pictures as part of your post regularly
- Use video links if they are relevant
- If you have a website post links to it weekly
Post at least 3 times a week and daily if you can manage it.
Now would be a good time to have a “message plan” – a little calendar with ideas for content. And you can repeat some messages that are important with just a tweak to the words.
In the 5th guide I describe a tool that will let you set up all your posts in advance and then automatically post them at the right time.
If you are stuck for ideas see what other salons are saying.
Learn from their mistakes and copy the best ideas.
That’s the end of the 3rd guide for Facebook - how to write profitable messages for your salon’s Facebook page.
Guide 4 explains Facebook Tabs, the biggest sales opportunity Facebook can offer your salon.
You can read and download this guide as a PDF file