How to add Social Reviews to your Salon website
How Salon Social Reviews works...
These are the steps to follow to add Social Reviews to your own salon website.
If you get stuck at any point - feel free to email us for help.
Why salons should use Social Reviews...
Bad Reviews (complaints) are managed discreetly.
Good Reviews are posted to facebook by the client and seen by all their contacts - and optionally posted by you to your salon page.
Sign-up and get listed on YourSalon.
Register your salon to get started!
You can either sign-up yourself on this page
Or fill in this request form and we will register your salon for you by visiting your website and collect the rest of the information including opening hours, description, address etc.
Once you listing is complete we will email you. This is an example of a salon listing - https://www.yoursalon.co/amour-salon-salford
We will also email to you your login information to YourSalon.co as this is where you will manage/approve your Reviews that will then appear on your own website.
Add Reviews onto your website
Simply add a new page and the code we send you.
If you have a website form Salon Guru - we do all the work- adding a new page on your website and the code to pull in your Salon Reviews.
If you DO NOT have a website from us - once your listing is complete we send you the embed code to pull the Social Reviews on YourSalon.co into your website. Please pass the code to your web designer and ask them to create a new Salon Client Reviews page.
You will also need to place on that page some text to explain how the system works. The embed code can be placed either before or after the text. These pages are good examples -
If you want a Salon Reviews image for your page, there are a number suitable in this dropbox we created
If you have any questions or problems - do not hesitate to email us.
How everything works
How to manage your Salon Reviews and post to facebook.
Once you have your listing on YourSalon.co and the code is embedded to your website - you can test Salon Social Reviews.
On your Reviews page...
- If you choose 1-3 stars (an unhappy client) the client completes a feedback form that is sent to the salon for response.
- 4 & 5 stars triggers the form for a Social Review and asks for permissions to post on their behalf.
- Once Reviews are approved (on YourSalon.co) they appear on this page.
On YourSalon.co after login...
- Reviews are held on Yoursalon.co for approval and the salon is notified via email.
- Once approved the Review is 1st posted as the client to their newsfeed.
- You can choose to post any review as the salon to your own page on facebook.
- Clients get a thank you email that you can edit to also be a voucher.
- At the moment facebook is the only way to post. Twitter will be added soon.
- YourSalon.co has a Settings page where you can edit EVERY part of the process.
The features & settings of Social Reviews
Understand the many great features of Salon Social Reviews
Once you log into YourSalon.co admin has 2 main parts...
The 1st setting on this page is your Notification email. This is the email address that will get notified of new Reviews.
On this page you can also decide what is posted to Facebook. It includes the post to your Salon facebook page and also the post to the client's newsfeed. It has 4 elements –
- Two Titles like “a great salon Review“. You can edit in admin the text for the 2 Titles. You can have 1 for the salon post and 1 for the client.
- a Description – this will be auto-filled with the client’s review
- a Picture url – this gallery has suitable salon/hair images so you can change at any time. Just add the image link in Settings.
- a Link – you choose which page on your website they visit if they click the post
The reviews on your salon website page will have the name and a small facebook profile image of the client that left the review
On this page you manage the Reviews that have been left.
Edit - lets you make corrections of spelling or other changes to what the client wrote.
Approve - posts as the client to their newsfeed with the image, link and wording from Settings.
After approval another option appears "Post to Salon Page". This posts as you (the salon) to your own page.
NOTE: The 1st time you login and want to post as the Salon to your page you need to be logged into facebook as an ADMIN of the salon page. YourSalon.co will save that information for subsequent logins.