Setting Up Dedicated Christmas ‘Pull In’ Pages (or Valentine’s/Mother’s Day etc)
Here is some useful information on how to set up Christmas pages (or Valentine’s / Mother’s Day / Black Friday) on your main menu – which pull in ALL of the relevant posts you have written.
- Create a PAGE called Christmas at Syer Hair Salon or Christmas Ideas or whatever !
- Add a sentence along the lines of: From Christmas party hair ideas to Christmas gifts ideas and festive opening times, weâve got Christmas wrapped up at Syer Hair & Beauty Salon in Sutton Coldfield.
- Then add a pull in code like this: (getCatList slug=christmas18 layout=5) – but use square brackets
- All of the POSTS you have written about Christmas will need to have the category christmas18. If you call the category Christmas 18 (note the gap) you will need to include a hyphen into the pull in code e.g.
- Finally – you will not want a huge Christmas at Syer title on the main menu, so shorten the title on the PAGE to Christmas.
- Then go to Appearance and add the Christmas page wherever you want it on the main menu. Add it to the mobile layout too.
- DO NOT FORGET TO remove the Christmas page from the main menu and mobile menu after Christmas. In fact, you will need to remove ALL Christmas items so, if you are feeling super organised, you could add these as Tasks now, but for end of Dec/Jan.
Hope this helps. Always check what the Christmas page looks like before you make it live.