GDPR Data Protection – the process
This page will guide you through the complex process of GDPR and has a form that we need you to complete.
Stage 1 steps..
1. Choose your Data Compliance Officer.
In most cases this will be the salon owner or other executive.
"A DCO ensures compliance with any regulatory requirements and will handle any events in respect of data protection."
2. Optionally - Register with the ICO on this page.
It costs £35 per year.
Business Category : Click "Other" then choose "Beauty Salon / Hairdresser" from the list.
3. Notify us using this form about the steps above.
Once we have this information (and not before) we will start on our tasks in Stage 2 -
- Add a footer message to all web pages re the Policy and cookies.
- Add links to the Policy on all data capture forms and marketing emails.
You should also seek advice on...
If you use salon software, you will need to review the personal data you record and how you use it, including automated communications such as appointment reminders or birthday gift cards.
The stricter data protection rules under GDPR will also apply to the wording in employee contracts. The NHF will provide GDPR-compliant contracts free of charge to Members.